Moisture !!! Use Air / Gas Dryer
Water or Moisture in the compressed air system causes air leakages, damages tools, affects processes, spoils pneuntium systems and ultimately increased cost.
Problems due to unwanted moisture in the compressed air system
- Rust and scale deposit in steel pipes causing leakages.
- Increased resistance to flow.
- Malfunctioning of pressure control equipment & instrumentation.
- Corrosion in Solenoid valves.
- Solidification of media in pneumatic conveying systems.
- Bubbling or orange peal effect in paint spraying.
- sluggish operation of cylinder, Valves & other moving parts.
The results in loss of efficiency & material and increases downtime. Moisture is usually the single major cause of unnecessary costs to compressed air system. The cost of drying air is much lower than the damage. Thus clean, dry compressed air produced using air Dryer is essential for effective pneumatic system.
Compressed Air Can Be Dried By Two Methods
1. Refrigeration : removes moisture by cooloing the air.
2. Adsorption : removes moisture by passing air over desiccants.